CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25

39wk 2dy Dr. Appt.

Hmmm, where do I start???!!!! Dr. appt. went absolutely fantastic - never mind our appt. was at 3:15 and we didn't see the Dr. until 5! She measured my fundal height as she mentioned I think you are having a contraction (umm, yeah, I have them all the time!) I didn't get the measurement and then she listened to the strong heartbeat which was 138bpm. Dr. Sohl left and came back to check for progress only to listen to me tell her how much I was done and this kid was fully baked. I told her do what she could to help us out and mentioned induction. I joked and told her to go ahead and break my water and we'll just call it an "accident". :) Well, she checked and I am more progressed and she went ahead and stripped membranes to help us out--yeahhh! Then, she turned to the nurse and said "Contact L&D and schedule her for the morning" I'm thinking 'Yeahh, we are getting induced.' Then, she turned to me and said "I don't think you'll make it until then!" What? Really? I told her I've already learned not to get excited by my contractions. I've already had two other instances that I was getting them every 5 min. for over an hour and then they subsided.

Sooo, that brings me to this blog update. I am so so elated. I like that we know when we'll be going in - 6:30am and it has helped a bit in final scheduling for Ryane and getting the house in somewhat of an order for guests while we are in the hospital. Honestly, not too thrilled about getting hooked up to Oxytocin as we are all about natural child birth, but I REALLY am ready to do what it takes to get him here. Wish us luck and be checking back on the blog for a birth announcement at some point - I'm taking the computer with us to the hospital!!

0 comments: