CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6

36wks3dys - Dr. Appt.

This doctor visit was so nice and quick. We were one of the Dr.’s first appts. of the day, so there wasn’t much waiting room waiting, which was soooo nice and not the norm. First, I was weighed to learn that I put on another pound since last appt., which puts me up to 32lb gain so far. I only put on 25lbs total with Ryane, so while this is more I was down 15lbs pre-pregnancy than starting out with Ryane. I am fine with it and know my baby must need it.

As Dr. Sohl enters the room, I let her know that she is supposed to tell me I’m in the early stages of labor and that I would probably see her later that day.  Wishful thinking on my part. The day prior I was having regular contractions starting about every 30 min. and started getting closer to less than 10min. apart, but never increased in intensity, then eventually faded before bedtime. I was having them again the next morning every 15-20min. So, I was thinking maybe, just maybe, something was getting underway. Not really, just my body practicing I suppose. It was enough of a reality check for me that I was eventually going to have this baby, so Matthew and I started packing our hospital bag on Weds. night and put one of the car seat bases in the truck. We aren’t totally packed, but rather more prepared for now.

Back to the appt., I discussed my symptoms with Dr. Sohl and she seemed to care, but told me she hoped everything would hold on for at least another week---as in 37wks is considered full-term. After an “umcomfortable” appt. (meaning I was seriously getting concerned for my son’s soft spot with the poking and prodding), it was nice to hear from the Dr. that I am starting to dilate (1cm). I’ll take it!

We go back next Thurs. and this will be the appt. that will be a deciding factor if I do infact go to St. Louis on Sunday for a mini-family vacation. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you WANT to go to St. Louis?? Wow...you're a brave mother. The countdown is ON! :)